Love You 1,000 Ways

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh, let me count the ways....

So yesterday I opened a shop with my handbags & baby items on the new site, 1,000 Markets and am thrilled with the set-up, lay-out and technical features. They scouted me out & I feel honored to be one of the founding shops, excited to see where it all leads. Here's a short list of some very cool aspects of the site I've encountered in the last day (I'm sure there's more I've yet to discover!)

  • Uploads product photos in batches, well doesn't this just save a ton of time?!
  • A separate little blog piece for artists to update their happenings & journey, I always love reading those tidbits about different sellers!
  • Products displayed in 'gallery' type setting & it looks oh-so-professional
  • When viewing an item little bitty photos of the seller's other items are arranged tactfully on the side (which is super helpful for folks like me who create a range of goods...bags to bibs)
  • Videos can be uploaded...wow, hmmm, this could be neat...
  • Option to create "collections"- fantastic for fall vs. spring handbags
  • Shop dashboard section has a handy little automated "to-do" list, now I can write on my other to-do list to check this to-do list...
  • A feature that is still in the works & I'm still grasping is the whole 'marketplace' concept. Here's a quote from there site:
    "Our markets are more than just collections of products;
    they are full of people and stories. They have voices and
    personalities.
    Our markets are large and small, broad and narrow. Some
    have themes, like food, crafts, or art. Others cultivate a
    sense of place around a region. And some exist simply
    because the people in them share friendship or common
    values. Each market fosters its own one-of-a-kind
    community, always unique and interesting."

Take a second and check out my new shop! www.quiltish.1000markets.com

3 comments :

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Your shop looks great!! Congrats on being one of the founding shops!

markjacobs said...

Congratulations. Love you.

Jen Morris said...

Way cool. I really like the setup.