Here For the Party- Jack's First Birthday Bash

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Woo Hoo! This weekend we celebrated Jack's first birthday by hosting a play party at Gymboree. Though that place can be a little much to take in- with all the bubbles n' clowns n' parachutes n' singing n' smiles'- Jack definitely loves it...plus it made it easy to gather around all the relatives & friends. Jack was a bit spacey from apparently pre-partying in his crib the night before at 12:30, 1:15, 3:20, 4:00 and then again at 6:00 a.m, but was really happy to see his pals & family. I really appreciate all the folks that showed up- some drove as much as 3 hours!

This such a memorable day & I'm already excited about planning his second party...watch out sweet sixteen. I am super thankful for my sister-in-law, Jennifer, who eagerly helped me make- and lick the bowls for, over 40 vegan vanilla cupcakes! My good friend Jen also joined the cupcake brigade & really rocked the frosting...and later rocked Jack to sleep. My in-laws & Mark really helped it all run smoothly...

Here's a few photos- the first is of the invitations we made- I sketched it out, Mark created it on the computer & then printed out...ah, I love orange. Notice Jack's look of awe & surprise in each picture!


2 comments :

Jen Morris said...

I'm glad I was able to partake in the celebration. It was nice to see your little family and I'm looking forward to a visit down here one of these days :)

PS- Did anything happen to your car after the hubcap incident??? "Oh great, now our plan is foiled!"

Jennifer Jacobs said...

It was my pleasure. That's some of the best batter I've ever had:-p