Restless Heart- Quiltish Valentine's Day Collection

Thursday, January 15, 2009

So Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday. Not even my second favorite. It probably ranks right up there with National Boss Day or April Fool's Day. Maybe, on a good year, I love it as much as Groundhog Day. I mean, really, what else is more torturous than being an awkward sixth grader hoping against hope that "the boy" has left a message declaring his ultimate state of 'like' for you....only to find some silly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle card his mom probably made him sign his name to. Not personalized, no message, not even a box of chalky hearts.

Ah, well. How things change. Now, with my stud muffin of a husband & handsome little boy- what's not to celebrate? Bring on the chocolate, construction paper hearts, & cupid's arrows! To tribute the holiday of red, pink, & love/disappointment I've whipped up a few Quiltish lovelies using Alexander Henry's Heart to Heart fabric:
(and trust me, Jack will be personally writing a very sincere valentine's message to each & every girl- freckles or not- during his elementary school years).

2 comments :

markjacobs said...

i'm a stud muffin!

Jen Morris said...

Would you be opposed to me scanning in a picture of that certain sixth grader??? I'm glad you found Mark!