My Little Pocket Wall Hanging

Wednesday, October 07, 2009


It's my perpetual goal to be organized. I love when everything has it's own little space. Unfortunately, I seem to be losing that battle. I've got a little tornado behind me (jack) as I madly run around the house scooping things up hoping to create some semblance of order. Anyhow, that's why I made this pocket wall hanging- it's intended for mail & bits o' important paper & such-- though I think it would work well in a gazillion other ways (in the office, sewing studio, children's bedroom, nursery, guest bathroom....) I'm very pleased with it, mostly because it just works!


Here's some details if interested: measures 13 x 27 with three pockets in different sizes. I used twill for the body (back & front* see note below) and interfaced cotton doubled over for the pockets. I created little loops to hang but a loop & rod could be fun as well.Thoughts for next time: I kind of worked out the kinks for this along the way but next time I would definitely use something other than twill- it's too wrinkly & pulls a bit making my over all rectangle a little wonky. Also, I think a little button pocket could be fun & keep things safe. It worked well to zig zag stitch around the pockets but I might experiment with placement a bit more.

Now, I just need to make sure this gets proper use!

1 comment :

Julie said...

What a great idea! You know, I might make one and put it inside one of the kitchen cupboard doors, to keep things out of sight, yet organized! Smart thinking on your part!
Thanks for sharing!
Julie