Christmas Tutorials from the Purl Bee

Thursday, November 05, 2009


Visions of tree ornaments have been dancing through my head. I've got a few ideas I need to play with a bit (a patchwork tree, a stuffed felt bird with stitching, embroidered critters, hmmm) anyhow, I do know that I'd love to start a tradition in our house of making an ornament for our children (well, just Jack at this point ;) each year. Last year I made him an embroidered little deer pillow with his name on it (see below) and it's one of my favorite things I've ever made!

Since I just love the Purl Bee, I stopped by there & found they have some lovely ornament tutorials & parts of projects that could double as ornaments. I love this site. I want to make everything they have posted. Their shop is located in NY (has anyone been there?, do share!) and if ever I make it to that big 'ol city, that is where you'll find me :)


Wee little Jack with his big ornament from mama



{{{All image credits (except for Jack) to The Purl Bee }}}