Treasure Maps

Tuesday, July 26, 2011


Yesterday  I came across an old stone bridge I remember driving across when I was a little girl. There's a winding river beneath and a small horse pasture to one side. In college, I drove through this place often. Once, just a few days before I left to chase my dreams in California, I actually pulled over to take a photo.  To me, it was the image of my childhood and freedom all rolled into one....and I wanted to take a little piece of that with me. 
I realized I have many little treasures like that from all the places I've lived....

  • Los Gatos,  my first destination in California after driving 13 hours straight. I thought, "I will live here someday." And I did. 
  • The back pew of a tiny church with floor to ceiling windows in Houston
  • Curving country roads in Lexington, Massachusetts - my escape from busy Boston, I ran and drove these roads as often as I could
  • An old stone library in Chicago, I loved getting lost in piles of books and hiding away from all the chaos of the city
  • Highway 280, from San Jose to San Francisco, with George Strait playing and the window rolled down. I fell in love with my now husband driving this road that connected our two cities 
And the list goes on... but someday, I'd love to collect all these pieces in one place, maybe with a map display like these. 

What places do you treasure? 



1 comment :

Jen Morris said...

Red Leaf Drive. Graeagle. The Beach House in Lincoln City. The little chapel on the road to Hana. I like the idea of a map!