Custom Wedding Bags - A Conversation Story

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Hooray! Just completed this custom bridal party group for what is sure to be a gorgeous wedding. I love working with brides to create bags in colors and styles for their big day! 


This order is for a friend I met back in Boston while teaching at the same school....I've loved  reconnecting over such a happy occasion and am so honored she chose me to make her bridal party gifts. Here's a little glimpse of what it's like creating one of my custom wedding orders: 
{the paraphrasing is all me, clearly. haha}


Nicole: Love your shop & work! I would love four bags for my wedding!


Me: Hooray! Congrats! I'd love to work with you! {exclamation overload}


Nicole: Fantastic.Ok, my wedding is mossy green & plum. What can we do?

Me: Well, We've got some options. There is a scrumptious new fabric line that just came out...here's a photo. Let me know what you think. If it's not what you had in mind I'm happy to send more pics!
Nicole: Love it! Perfect. Hmmm, what bags should I get? 

Me: I can do custom cosmetic bags or clutches...we can add poppies, ruffles, wristlet straps - just about anything. Take a look see!

Nicole: Oooh, love the clutches. Let's do those with a plum poppy. 

Me: Great! Let me type up your invoice, send it your way, and we'll get started!

Nicole: Wait, Wait! Let's add another, I need to have one for myself :)

{one week later}
Me: Hello, just a little note to let you know your fabric arrived & it's gorgeous! Now I can better choose your felt for the poppy flowers. Here's a swatch, let me know if you fall in love with any of these colors!

Nicole: Hmm, let's try vineyard. That looks about right. 

Me: Wonderful, I'll add it to my next order and I'll keep you posted! 
{two weeks later}
Me: Hello blushing bride to-be! Bet you're excited for the big day. Here's a little peek at the clutches, I think they turned out lovely....hope you do too! One little thing though....
.....the vineyard felt isn't the best match. Let me order a few others to try. Unfortunately, felt is difficult to photograph. But no worries at all, I'll find a lovely match for you!

Nicole: Thanks Allisa...I totally trust you! 

Me: {honored}
Me: Ta da! Here they are! I found the best match for the flowers, it's a deep plummy purple. Much different than what shows up in the photos but in person it's just gorgeous. I truly hope they are all you hoped for and the bridal party enjoys them. Congratulations again....look forward to seeing the photographs! xoxo


Nicole: Oh my! A million thank-yous! Can't wait to receive them! 

....and it's off! 


{felt card from Benzie Bazzar, not the actual felt I used, but looks so lovely I might have to try it!}

8 comments :

Pili said...

Isn't it wonderful when communication with a seller/buyer is easy & fluid? That's the best part of buying handmade!

Btw, the clutches are gorgeous!

Jenelle said...

Lovely clutches and thanks for letting us in on your process too. I also adore the felt at Benzie Bazzar and Renae is so sweet. Glad to see you shop with her too!

Jenelle said...

Oops! Meant Benzie Bazaar.

Hannah from FlyChicks said...

such a great post! loved reading the convo between you two. i did a custom order earlier this spring for eight bridemaids! it was a lot more difficult than i expected, considering they got to choose their fabric and stlye of bag. but, it was all worth it in the end. i did love doing it! keep up the great work and great shop!

Unknown said...

Your clutches are so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the ordering process!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm so glad you did this post. It's fun to see the behind-the-scenes for your custom orders!

Julie said...

beautiful choice of fabrics!

Renae Bradley said...

I love the Vineyard -it's the perfect match to your beautiful clutches! (from Renae at Benzie)