Make It Do Monday - Saying Goodbye.....

Monday, November 14, 2011





























....to someday. 
In my quest to simplify I've been focused on living more thoughtfully, with less noise, more things made at home, and parting ways with extras.  I said goodbye to lots of stuff this week and more symbolically said farewell to 'someday.'  


As in, 
someday this shirt might actually be flattering
someday I might want to look at this depressing photograph
someday I may want to read this card from someone I no longer love
someday this scrap of fabric may be just the thing I need
someday I'll pass this book to someone who might want it
someday these jeans won't feel so tight
someday I'll feel inspired to wear shimmery green eye shadow
someday  I'll miss this trinket that once meant something


But instead, I let all those thoughts go. 
I recycled, gave away,and sold someday. 


Now, I have room for today. 


is there a someday you can say goodbye to? 



{print via Hands Workshop}

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking about this post today!

Jan said...

Nice perspective on this!!!! I needed this fresh take on old stuff! Happy Today to you!!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Perfect way to look at life. Lovely post!

Isa Maria said...

So relevant to me right now. Thank you for the extra dose of inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is something I love to do too. I find is so freeing - like a weight off my shoulders. Thanks for sharing!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I have 65 years worth of somedays that I need to part with. It just seems so overwhelming.

CitricSugar said...

How very necessary for me to read this today! Some of those lines struck home closer than others but all were relevant.

Thanks.