|credit: juliet grace design|
We're already 9 days into january and I'm just now looking ahead to the new year. I think it took me that long to recover from the holiday crazy goodness along with celebrating the 7 years we've had sweet jack, our new year's baby. Who has all of a sudden begun to think of himself as a teenager. Oh my.
2014 brought with it many new things for me along with a good dose of humility and wisdom. There were some tears and cheers… and I'm already feeling stronger because of it. My shop took a few twist & turns and I'm still humbled and awed by it's success (thank you!).
Here's a few highlights:
- I completed three completed three graduate courses to renew my teaching license. Lots of later nights and co-homework sessions with my first grader. We'll see where that leads...
- one of my clutches was included in Emmaline Bride's new bridal book.
- I began offering a few sewing patterns in the shop
- Pinterest became a new go-to place for me to share & promote others' work with 40,000 plus followers, I also listed some of my best pinterest tips
- Traveled to new parts of Oregon and loved every bit of it
- Southern living included one of my bags in their Reese Witherspoon feature
- Working towards being mindful of each moment, each choice
- Currently working on an updated, revised, and cooler edition of my ebook, Rise & Shine
- Planning new, typography related bags and pouches
- Sketching out new sewing patterns to have up in the shop
- Exploring opportunities in the education field & working with kids with disabilities again.
- Embracing my bravery because I think I'm going to need a lot of it.
Happy wishes for a year filled with love, laughter, and joy!