Good Find: A Very Etsy Christmas

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A girl (well, at least this one) can't possibly make every single Christmas gift so here's a few Etsy shops that provided some really lovely holiday gifts for our friends & family. I am so thrilled with the products I found and the overall cheery & accommodating spirit from each of these shops.

My friend in D.C. loves written correspondence so I thought I'd order personalized stationery. I found just the thing at PeonyPaperie where Michelle is so friendly & helpful. This style is perfect- simple & sophisticated...though there was a cute little frog prince design I was tempted to purchase for myself! I even selected the color & font for my friend's note cards & when tied up with a pretty ribbon they made a really wonderful gift.

Bath & Body products always make great gifts but really I just wanted an excuse to buy something from Cottage Garden Therapies whose line is amazing. In addition to the bar of soap I paired with a set of my washies to make a little gift set, I also indulged a bit & ordered a Honey Sugar Scrub for myself (I figured I earned the relaxation from all the Christmas orders!) What will really keep me coming back to this shop though is there packaging, it is just drop your jaw gorgeous- I am already thinking ahead to all the great gifts their line will make; mother's day, Valentine's Day, Grandma's birthday, my birthday......

Sweet little crocheted food stuffies from MonitaBonita made great gifts for Jack's little buddies. They also would've been nice tucked away in his stocking but we decided to share them with his pals...I did let Jack check them out first! Lysa who runs this shop is a fellow Portland crafty mama & is just as nice as her items are cute! I ordered a set of veggies & a strawberry ice-cream cone (can't always be healthy right?) and although I'm vegetarian the bacon & egg set really is just too clever!

Finally, I found a super sweet little personalized ornament at LittleBitFunky - a shop that offers a variety of unique little bitties- from gift tags to hand embroidered onesies. I looked around a bit for a personalized ornament & was so happy to find this one- it has a clear pocket to add your own photo...plus my interactions with the shop were so pleasant & accommodating to my personalization request. It turned out great & Jack's godparents will be thrilled when this arrives in the mail.

1 comment :

peony paperie said...

Thanks so much for the kind words Allisa! I'm off to check out the other great etsy sites now...and spend my Christmas money!

Michelle