Bird on a Branch

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

wishing i had a mega fabulous camera today...tried so hard to capture this amazing bald eagle perched high up the tree in our backyard foresty area. jack & i heard it squawking all afternoon (ever hear an eagle squawk? it's loud + shrill + intense!) we are able to spot it & with ultra zoom mode i got this photo....we're hoping they're will be little eagle babies in the spring!

inspired me to look up bird & branch tutorials & i found this lovely bird pattern from Spool

here's my nod to birds on a branch with my new zip pouch featuring fabric from tina givens.


ps. be sure to check out my fabric destash giveaway i'll be holding later this week!

2 comments :

Julie said...

That is too cool! They are so massive!

~Michelle~ said...

my hubs visited friends in Alaska last summer, who had a nest in the nearby trees. DH was able to use the point & shoot to take a pretty amazing photo thru the telescope they had set up to watch the eagles :)