Business Bits - Anniversary!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Hip, hip, hooray!

Today is my 2 year Etsy-versary! Celebrating with a special sale: $5 off orders of $30 or more and $10 off orders over $50 (see bottom for details)

{image credit The Cupcake Mint}}


Now, for the businessy bit: Bring Your Own Sunshine

Growing up in rainy, (I'll admit, sometimes dreary), Oregon - I remember my friend & I often saying (presumably while walking in the rain), "guess we just have to make our own sunshine." Maybe we had heard this quote by Anthony J. D'Angelo:

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. "

Either way, that sentiment has stuck with me & times when I feel like complaining or giving up I try to think of this. I believe it applies to Etsy folks, business owners, and stay-at-home moms trying to make it work....with the frustration & fear comes a lot of strength & perserverance. It's hard. It's sometimes stormy & rough. I realized a couple months into my Etsy experience that no one was going to light the way for me. I have to do it myself.

And every day I am inspired by other Etsy shops, blog friends, & twitter peeps whose sunshine I can see shining brightly!





{{sale info: runs from 3/15- 3/19. include "2 year" in message to seller to receive discount as paypal refund. or if preferred, a revised invoice can be sent. }}

2 comments :

Pili said...

Bring your own sunshine, that's indeed a very good piece of advice!

And congratulations in you 2 YEAR Etsyversary!

Zina said...

Congratulations on your Etsyversary!! I love your new bags. God has gifted you. You are such an artist.