Tutorial Tuesday - Easter Cupcakes

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

 So this isn't quite a tutorial, but they are just too cute not to share! Yesterday, the little one and I made these Easter inspired cupcakes.  Took our usual, no fail (vegan) vanilla cupcake recipe, topped with vanilla frosting and then sprinkled with green colored coconut.  Then the best part- we hid little Jelly Belly "eggs" in the "grass."  While I'm not a huge fan of food coloring, I figured a few drops was worth it for something so spring-like & cheery.  Jack enjoyed decorating ...and we all enjoyed eating them! 


{ps. posted an Easter tutorial round-up yesterday and you can check out my tutorials for Easter Basket and Fabric Easter Egg Card }



1 comment :

Linda said...

I used to make these with my boys. They are so cute. You can also use Chow Mein Noodles (don't know if you can find Vegan noodles though) to make a bird's nest and put those little chocolate robin's eggs in them. Children LOVE these types of things.