Design Study: Oh My, Oh Ombre

Friday, September 30, 2011


Ombre
n. A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark. The color effect is woven into the fabric. Generally produced by arranging different tones in the warp.


Fabric Circlet from Odd Egg Out

  
Wall Art from Sometimes I Swirl


  
Gradient Cake from Nine Cakes

Fabric from Marimekko





Beaded Necklace from Sarah Robin L
even spotted some in my own shop.....Hoop Handle Bag in Moss to Fuchsia


Hope this study in ombre provided a bit of inspiration for your Friday. Look for more studies in design and a giveaway here soon!

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Such LOVELY selections!!

Meagan said...

Oh I loved this! Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Love your finds! :)

Staci said...

Oh, how I love the fabric on that bag in the last photo. Polka Dot Heaven!

Jaros Designs said...

So beautiful! I might need that wreath!