Chevron Quilt Wall Hanging - With Lotta Jansdotter Goodness

Tuesday, August 14, 2012



Finally, this little beauty is complete! I was so thrilled to receive my Lotta Jansdotter charm pack in the late spring, I started straight away on making a chevron wall hanging. Inspired by the Arrow Quilt from Molly Flanders, I adapted her technique to create a chevron design. 

And true to my quilting style, I made the top and let it sit for a few months before quilting it! (why do I always do that? anyone else?) Anyhow, I quilted it this week, it's just a small square, about 16" and finally hung it up in our hallway that needed some pop of color.  And, of course, the Bella collection has lots of color. Totally my style & palette. In fact, I had been using some of these same combos in my own fabric design sketches! 




And the back - I love the solid turquoise. It's even kind of lovely just to look at it from this view. 

 Simple stitch in the ditch.

Close up.



I did have some of the charm pieces left over & made a super cute garland bunting for the boys' playroom. Pictures as soon as the room's all organized. ha. 

So what do you think? It was super simple - I'm planning a bigger version for a baby quilt....where would you put your chevron? Who wants a tutorial??


2 comments :

Chelsea said...

Absolutely love this! Thinking of doing something like this in our playroom. Tutorial please!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I would love a tutorial! And can't wait to see what else you make with this line. I'm due with my third boy 1/1/13 and have chosen this fabric line for the baby's room. So far I have bought a FQ bundle, enough fabric for a yellow stripe crib sheet, and the teal pineapple fabric for the crib skirt. And some extra half yards to help out. I'm planning to duplicate your wall hanging here and some others that I saw online too.