Finders Keepers - Vintages Frames

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

vintage frame


Love me a good yard sale. This summer, we sort of made it a family adventure; a search for treasures to fill our new home. And we found some amazing pieces; a glorious distressed wood mirror, vintage books,  vases (of which I added my own color),  and a lovely entry table. Plus, I discovered a bounty of frames...some needed a makeover & some will be perfect for family portraits. But I've also begun collecting random, vintagey frames and am envisioning a large collection displayed together. 

I've taken pics of a few:

vintage frame
These beauties were all from one church rummage sale, the needlepoint is charming though I may find another purpose for the stitching and use the frames elsewhere. We'll see. 







vintage frame
One of my favorite frames, the details are so lovely!



vintage frame stitchingvintage frame stitching
 Stitching close ups.  I think this dame would be sweet in a brighter, more modern frame. 

Thinking of spray painting this one actually. A bright, bold color.

vintage frame

This piece is actually a super large frame without the backing, but I know it will be amazing with a little bit of touching up. 

Scooped up this from my friend's parent's home as they looked to downsize. I've picked up some Graphite Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and am seeing something amazing (hopefully, crossing fingers here) soon- looking to give it new life!

{if you've got any chalk paint tips, I'd love to hear them. I can't wait to dig in & get painting!}