Mother of Reinvention

Monday, October 01, 2012

{credit facing the lens}

I consider myself a pretty resourceful gal. Growing up, we sort of had to be - moving nearly every year, living in small towns, and a little on the edges of not quite enough.  A lot of us have stories like that.  That's what amazes me, there is so much renewal & transformation & drive out there- a 'make it work' kind of approach. 

And then you add the layer of motherhood. Plus a business? Look out! It's nothing but transforming ourselves again & again. More than anything from this business journey, I'm mostly proud of that -  just making things happen. 

So, when Marlynn Schotland from Urban Bliss contacted me about being one of the featured panelists for her Mother of Reinvention event, I was beyond honored. In fact, I think I squealed and clapped for the first five minutes. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I did. 

Of course, this invitation comes like many other amazing things, right in the middle of a big slump. A huge health scare.  People I relied on being not so reliable after all.  A new school year starting out with much trepidation and uncertainty. So maybe I missed a little of the initial fireworks, but I've got to say, this event is going to be incredible. Not just for the networking and inspiration, but because it's another opportunity to leap! 



In the area? There's still room to register. Here's a few details:

October 23, 2012
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Tigard Chamber of Commerce
12345 Sw Main Street
Tigard, OR 97223
Admission: $55 

If you're in Portlandia, I'd love to see you there! And if not, I want to hear your story of reinvention.