And then the boys brought me cough drops. Unwrapped, sticky, and maybe even pre-licked a few times. But still so sweet. Mark made endless cups of tea and never once commented on my week old outfit of sweatshirts and leggings. That's really the very best a husband could do.
I was reminded again just how lucky I am. For this and so much more….
- like a healthy 6 year-old boy post-concussion
- a 3 year-old who holds hands with his playmates and cheers them up when they run out of glitter (don't we all still need friends like this?)
- the opportunity to continue my post-graduate coursework…and have a reason to use highlighters
- friends who jump in to help with my homework, knowing that mama & research paper are hard to do at the same time
- a little brother who never fails to surprise with his unending generosity
- a house where the boys chase each other around the halls, build couch cushion forts, and booby traps on the stairs. I will miss this chaos someday.
- a husband who loves me even when I'm not very lovable
- a thriving business with customers who have become friends
Cheers to everyone for a love-filled, happy Thanksgiving!