Right on Target - Cool New Branding

Wednesday, September 23, 2009




Have you seen Target's new brand? The bright chunky arrows on their home products? So happy & cheery & inviting, yes? I just had to include a post about this because my in-home genius (aka my husband) worked on this project last year! Though I had to keep mum, I was able to hear all the juicy tidbits that went into creating this reinvention & also had a sneak peek of the little arrows. I still wish they were a wee bit less round & chunky but I do love all the color especially on a bright white background. Of course, this will only add to my already established obsession with Target- I do make weekly trips & am certain I have been since they first rolled into town when I was in high school & we realized not only did Target have gobs of books & make-up & clothes....but it was shopping cheap without feeling....well, cheap.


So cheers to Mark (the genius) for helping to create this fab brand design!


(p.s. if you sort of squint at the photo above, it kind of looks like a modern quilt :)


{image credit Target}