Halloween Fabric Scrap Garland- TUTORIAL
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Here's the How To for my fabric scrap garland. This is the first tutorial I've really ever done so bear with me!
Materials: Gobs of fabric scraps & long length of rope, string or yarn ( I used natural jute).
1. cut fabric scraps into strips approx 1/2" width & various lengths (at least 6" works best) total number depends on the length of desired *
handy note: about 10 ties (with two fabric strips each) for every 7" . do the math for your garland :) (seems like a lot, but it goes fast!)
2. lay out strips by color/prints
3. choose two colors/prints. place one on top of the other- print facing down
4. make cow hitch knot around string (rope, jute, yarn) and pull taut
5. works best to create loop in same fashion each time since there will be a natural "front" - looks like a man's work tie
6.keep on loopin' until desired length is reached
Voila! Happy Halloween!
I was inspired to make this tutorial by the Sew Mama Sew Scrap Buster contest!