What's Not Broken

Monday, April 04, 2011

{print by Blancucha}


I really love fixing things. My shop. Things around the house. Myself. Relationships.  New handbag designs. My son's Lego creations in need of repair.  It feels so good to make improvements. However, sometimes it seems like a habit to focus on what needs work...what things we need to change. I realized last week, that for me, it's probably just as important to recognize what is already working.  Like, what things am I already doing well? Either in regards to our businesses, our shops, or our personal lives -it's kind of refreshing to stop and think, "wow, I'm already doing this part pretty darn good."  {well, you might say it with a little more grammatical finesse, but you get the point}


So I thought I'd share a few things that for me don't need much tinkering....and I'd love to hear what's working for you
  • I've found my voice. And I like it :)
  • A balance of orders, new items, and special projects that feels right.
  • I (finally) like how my shop looks. 
  • My schedule is both structured and flexible-- and it works. 
  • There is a lot of depth and meaning to my friendships these days. 
  • Motherhood feels so good. 
  • My shop is growing in the direction I had hoped for. 
Coming up with this list was surprisingly difficult! I found myself saying, "well, almost." or "except for totally messing up the other day," or "I wish I could say that works."  But, in the end, it's quite freeing. And while everything in my nature screams to find something to do better, I think maybe the one thing to work on right now is just to enjoy what's not broken. 

- c'mon, do share! Tell me what kind of goodness you've got right now!


2 comments :

Linda said...

Wow, this stopped me dead in my tracks. I've spent the last few weeks struggling to be better, build my business, blog more often, plant more flowers, cook healthier meals. There is no end to what I want to be better in. The older I get, the more pressed I feel to "get there" and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! It seems that when I reach a point in my life where I am happy with the "way things are", someone changes the "things". It has happened so often that if I start to feel satisfied with my life, I get anxious because I know that something will happen to change it. Other than all that, I have a lot to be extremely thankful for...a wonderful loving husband, a nice home, a great family, a small business doing what I love, and most of all a God who loves me and helps me continue to grow by changing things when I get too complacent!
Now I want to be more like you....recognizing what I've done right and enjoying it.

Laura Beth said...

What's working well for me right now? My attitude. :) I'm blogging for me. I'm creating what I love. I'm not focused on numbers. If people like me...they'll follow me. If not, that's okay too. Happy Monday!