Sewing Social Meet Up

Tuesday, November 20, 2012


Hello, meeting up for little sewing social here, settle in and join us! 
Awhile back, I invited fellow sewers to stitch up something lovely & gifty with samples of my fabric. I've been completely blown away by what's been created and let me say that seeing an actual completed project made from my textile designs brought me to tears. Really, I was blabbering on about it all day. 

Enough about that, let me introduce all the lovely sewers meeting us here in the social. Hello to Kristen, Ayla, Allison, Sal, Sarah, Marci, and Marian!  I shipped little packages of my fabric to each of them - different combinations, various sizes with the only guideline to make something gifty for the holidays. 
Today, Sarah from Sarah West Design is sharing what she created from her pieces, my Gray Tonal Chevron and Modern Dahlia.  Look at these iPad sleeves, aren't they lovely?!  I love how the fabric colors pop against the neutral canvas.  So gorgeous Sarah! And I see they're in your shop too :) 
Her stitches & detail are magnificent, yes? 


And Allison has this lovely little baby quilt in process. I can't wait to see it completed, it's already just so sweet! I really like how she mixed in other prints and it the colors all coordinate so well. 

As for me, I've been busy stitching up lots of new bags for the shop, many featuring these same fabrics. Here's one of my favorites; a pleated clutch. I've rekindled my love for pleats and am excited to mix my print design with sewing techniques!  
pleated clutch purse


I'm also working on a wee little ornament using bits of the fabric for a very bright, non-traditional holiday decoration. I've got a tutorial to go with it, so I'll report back with that later! 

What do you think of all this sewing goodness? What have you got in the works? Lots more projects and ladies to meet, check back next week for another social meet up!




-> these fabrics are all available in my Spoonflower Shop