Shining Light

Sunday, December 16, 2012

libertadleal

Hello. It's been a little while.  Initially, last week I was caught up in the rush of holiday orders and celebrations...and then the tragedy in Connecticut. Like so many of us, it's broken my heart and left me with such an empty feeling. I was working in the studio when I first heard. I stopped. I cried. And called it a day. Held onto my boys as long as they'd let me.  And then we had our own spur of the moment afternoon Christmas party. Cookies, Charlie Brown, ornament making, and lots of smooches. But, as I'm sure all of you are feeling, there's the heaviness that lingers...and I look to my boys, my own soon-to-be kindergartner, wanting to just capture every little sweet moment in a bottle.  

And as a teacher who's taking time away to raise my boys, the thought of classroom joy and hope being ripped away makes me ache. 

So for now, I'm taking a few days away from the shop, the blog, and the everything else. Taking time to cherish the light.