For the Love of Blogging

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

source unknown
I'll be the first to admit, sometimes I struggle with this blog thing. I love it, but I also feel guilty/uncertain/pressured/etc....   Mostly, I think I jinx myself with the idea that every single post has to be amazingly creatively awesome. Like wow. You know, with incredible photography and deep insights. But, really, some of my most rewarding posts have been the ones I just sit down and write, like my confession that I have tons of projects just waiting to be completed  or when I shared a bit about our baby's health issues  

I'm also nervous about sharing too much. Partly because I'm kind of a private person by nature, I love to chat & meet new people, but I also closely guard things I treasure. Plus- I think too much and worry folks will read & think, "why the hell is she telling us that?"

When I first started this blog I had no idea what to do with it. I though I'd share celebrations & such, but c'mon Better House & Gardens features don't happen every month. Besides, I like to celebrate the little things. So, that's what I'm doing here, I guess. Sharing my creative journey, the ups & downs, and all the things I find worthy, like what I've made and leaps of faith. 

On the practical side, I've also been focused on making this space more meaningful for others who might visit. I've spruced things up a bit, made it easier to receive posts in your inbox (see the little box over there on the right?) and am aiming to let go of the battle and just share more of my journey.  I think my leap into fabric design pushed me in other areas too, including this one.  And since I'm always looking for fancy checklists and actionable advice, I bookmarked the post, 8 Tips for Great Blogging from Alt Design. It's a treasure trove of awesome advice and ideas to make improvements...today. For blogging inspiration and business advice check out the new Alt blog.  They are blog mavens after all. 

Soooo.....onward we go, and I'm so happy you're here to enjoy the ride together! 


flourish cafe
Do you have blog struggles too? I'd really love hearing & chatting about them too. Let's talk below, and  of course, if you've got successes, by all means share those too! xo